Page 18 of 23 FirstFirst ... 891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast
Results 171 to 180 of 226

Thread: What Up? (musically speaking)

  1. #171
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Iwas at tower records today just searching. I came across the best of the "Meters" Wow if you like New Orleans Based funk go for it!
    I also nabbed The Jerry Garcia band after midnight live at Kean college. A very nice Jerry solo effort.

  2. #172
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    There must be a plethora of Garcia/Dead LIVE albums out there eh Charlie? Whats the best ONE to own for the novice?

    Well I missed that Scandal 'Bands Reunited' show but hope to catch it on a replay!
    I did see the one for Vixen. A band I knew nothing about but I found it very interesting to watch anyway!
    Then again I started watching the one for Information Society and tuned out very early on. NOT interesting!

    More later,
    [img]graemlins/coffee.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  3. #173
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Solo garcia is a nice departure from the dead.
    It's still got the Jerry vibe and gutiar signature but's it got more covers, great rythm and soul.

    There was on called "The Jerry Garcia Band" it's a live 1990 effort which I like, it's a big ensemble, they throw some dylan and beatles at ya. The one just grabbed is called "after midnight" 1980 live at keane college. It's a 4 piece band, bit's fine!!!!!!!.

    Any acoustic garcia with David Grisham is excellent too.
    Shady way and the pizza tapes I dig.

    Take the plunge.

  4. #174
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    A Taste Of Cherie Currie!
    Katt Lowe and The Othersyde!

    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/girl.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

    PS Thanks for the Jerry advice Charlie!

  5. #175
    famveronica
    Guest famveronica's Avatar

    Young and wild Cherie Currie
    A taste of Cherie Currie
    Don't surrender dance mix Joan Jett
    American life rock version Madonna

  6. #176
    Inactive Member The Canadian Wolverine's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2004
    Posts
    441
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well its been awhile since I been here just waitin for some snow to happen here up by Santa Clause. Anyway I have a few goodies I picked up
    a few weeks ago some of my music from my teens


    1. human league dare
    2. some greatest hits album with "radio by
    Donna summer us cherie fans remember
    that song from Foxes sad sad
    3. Toronto "Get it on credit"
    anyone here of that one
    4. Finally I found Rush exit stage left
    Still Classic

    Any how bye for now cheers CW

  7. #177
    famveronica
    Guest famveronica's Avatar

    Wink

    The song is: On the radio Donna Summer
    I love Donna Summer the queen of disco....

  8. #178
    moderator gus danger's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 6th, 2001
    Posts
    9,105
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Arrow

    Howdy! Tonight........................................IT' S:
    Devo_Oh No! It's Devo!
    Harry Nilsson_Pandemonium Shadow Show
    Claire Hamill_Stage Door Johnnies
    [img]graemlins/music.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    Gus

  9. #179
    famveronica
    Guest famveronica's Avatar

    Cool

    abseloutly nothing

  10. #180
    Inactive Member charlie c's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 7th, 2002
    Posts
    1,272
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    More solo Jerry Garcia from NYC early 80's lunt fontainse theater and wide spread panic live covers

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Links to Cherie Currie's Websites:http://www.cheriecurrie.comhttp://www.chainsawchick.com
http://www.therunaways.com
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurrie
http://www.myspace.com/cheriecurriemusic